New Cars

When Should You Start Insuring Your Car In Australia?


Buying your first car is an exciting experience. However, the needed paperwork before your car gets on the road can dampen the experience. Getting insurance in Australia is one of the confusing experiences for first time car buyers.

You need to insure your car when you are registering it or before you take it on the road. This way, you will not have any problems with the law and your car will be covered in case of an accident. You need compulsory third party insurance, as required by the law. As such, you cannot have your car on the road before insuring it.

Green Slip, TAC charge or CTP, depending on the state you live in, is the only compulsory car insurance you need. Additional third party car insurance is recommended but is not mandatory. When you need to register your car, compare different comprehensive car insurance quotes or any other third party car policy quotes before settling on one.

Besides the mandatory insurance, you can insure your car with third party insurance policies, third party theft and fire insurance policies or comprehensive insurance. Comprehensive insurance covers everything that concerns your car and it is a good option if you feel you cannot do without your car.

When does your car insurance policy start working? Whether you get car insurance QLD or car insurance NSW, your policy will start working immediately. Policies purchased online or in physical offices start working immediately. You can also purchase insurance to start working at a later date.

It is important to compare comprehensive car insurance or any other insurance policy you choose. This way, you will always end up with the best insurance deal. You can also pay your insurance annually to reduce charges and take advantage of the discounts offered by insurance providers.